What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?

In Anthony’s book, he stressed the importance of interaction in education and the ways to provide practical interaction, “The interaction generated when students work on a particular medium, such as… short video clip”. To make the learners easier to understand the photography history, we choose the aboved video to address the course principle to them since it explains the timeline succinctly.

The video with learning material is not inherently interactive thus it will not force them to respond, however, we would encourage learners to provide their responds through our adequate designed activities.

-In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?

The learners could respond to the video by notes taking, it will help them to straighten the structure of the lesson and comprehend the connection between video and course material.

After that, we will arrange them into a group discussion where they can share their thoughts with others. It can be said that asynchronous online discussion forum enable student-student interaction in terms of equal participation in class.

How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?

We will attempt to provide timely feedback because “it is an important aspect of interaction…appropriate feedback on learner activities is often esstential for effective learning”.

For each online forum we created, there will be an office hour that I could exchange information with students. Under the situation with computer-based learning, student will receive instant-feedback after they finished quiz or I will comment to the question if most people get it wrong.

Participating in group discussion will be counted into final grade, so a grade rubric will be given to students that make explicit of how instructor will evaluate their work.

I will use email and online-forum as the medium to giving and getting feedback.

How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile? Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?

I will need to divide learners into serveral groups and collect their ideas in order to get to know how well they understand the concept so I can make a quiz based on their performance. I believe the work will be both manageable and worthwhile because teacher-student interaction is well-needed and help students to achieve excellent learning outcomes.

Reference

Anthony William. (April 2015). Teaching in a Digital Age: 2nd edition. Accessed on BCCampus. https://pressbooks.bccampus.ca/teachinginadigitalagev2/chapter/pedagogical-roles-for-text-audio-and-video/